Spark Dating Tips and Suggestions
Relax and Enjoy Yourself
Speed Dating actually takes the stress and pressure out of meeting new people. There is no need to waste an entire evening dating somebody you discover isn't right for you, and nor do you have the embarrassment of asking for someone's phone number only to be rejected.
There are a few basic rules that everyone must follow to ensure privacy and fun for everybody.
Here are some conversation tips and suggestions:
- Maintain good eye contact. Glancing about the room gives the impression that you're really not interested.
- Adopt a body posture that says you're alert, confident, and paying attention to what your date is saying.
- Ask questions and wait for a complete answer. Take your time to understand what was just said before asking an appropriate follow-up question. The most interesting people are those that are genuinely interested in you.
- Call your date by their name (each person will be wearing a nametag).
- Be positive and enthusiastic.
- Have a sense of humour and don't take things too seriously.
- Aim to arrive 15 minutes before the start time, this will reduce stress and allow you to look and feel your best.
- Dress smart casual in clothes you are most comfortable.
- Go easy on the alcohol - contrary to popular belief drinking does not make one more interesting!
- If at first you do not succeed (e.g. no matches) simply try again in another months time.